Nicholas and Alexandra The Last Imperial Family of Tsarist RussiaHome Page Items in the Online Exhibition About the Nicholas and Alexandra Exhibition Broughton International The Exhibit from 1999 Links



Icon Lamp (Lampada), 1890s
by firm of Fabergé

St. Petersburg, Master M.E. Perchin
Marks: МР (M. Perchin) К. ФАБЕРЖЕ (K. Fabergé) under a double-headed eagle. 88 (assay)
Carved inscription in Old Slavonic "May the Lord grant you peace in every way."
Carved inscription on body in cyrillic "From the nobility of Kursk Province, November 1894
Silver, gilding, rose-cut diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, pearls, moulding, carving, engraving.
9.5 x 9.5 cm, lenth of chain 30 cm

This icon lamp hangs from a chain linked by double-headed eagles and is richly decorated with precious stones. It was a gift for the wedding of Emperor Nicholas II and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna, and was in the Alexander Palace.

Nicholas and Alexandra - The Last Imperial Family of Tsarist Russia

Home | Online Exhibition | About the Exhibition | Broughton International | Original Virtual Exhibit | Links

© 1998-2005 Broughton International | Website Design by Pallasart Web Design Austin